- The Elite Risk Acceptances competition (the “Competition“) is conducted by Elite Risk Acceptances (Pty) in the Republic of South Africa (the “RSA”).
- “Entrant/s” means all persons eligible to enter the Competition (as set out in section 3.2) and who enter the Competition in the manner detailed in section 2.
- “Prize Winner/s” means Entrants, who are found to have won the Prize by Elite Risk Acceptances (Pty) Ltd in the Republic of South Africa (the RSA).
- “Promoters” means Elite Risk Acceptances, the Partner and / or their sponsorship, promotion or advertising / PR agency/ies.
- It is important that all Entrants read and understand these terms and conditions. All Entrants agree that the terms and conditions contained in this document, as amended from time to time and interpreted by the Promoters, are binding on them. All Entrants participate in the Competition entirely at their own risk.
- The Entrants acknowledge that by submitting their entry to the Competition they have been given an opportunity to read these terms and conditions and that they understand and agree to the terms and conditions; and
- give consent to these risks and indemnify and hold harmless the Promoters and their directors, employees, agents and group or associate companies of any and all liability relating to any damage, cost, injuries and losses of whatever nature that they sustain as a result of their participation in the Competition and any related events and activities. Except where such damage, cost, injuries and losses are sustained as a result of the gross negligence or wilful wrongdoing of any indemnified party.
- Nothing in these terms and conditions should be seen as unlawfully restricting, limiting or avoiding any rights or obligations of either the Entrants or the Promoters in terms of the Consumer Protection Act No. 68 of 2008 (the “CPA”).
How to enter: the mechanics behind the competition
In order to enter participants will be asked to follow the steps below:
- STEP 1: Entrants must join Christelle Colman’s presentation at the FIA Summit – The power of a personal branding – on the 10th October 2019, and pay close attention to the content presented.
- STEP 2: Participants to the FIA Advice Summit 2019 must follow Elite’s Twitter page (@Elite_risk) and like the competition pinned tweet.
- STEP 3: Answer the question in the comments of the Twitter competition post – Elite Risk is co-ordinating South African team of runners for which 2020 marathon?
- Only one entry per person;
- The competition is not open to any employees of the Old Mutual Insure group and Elite Risk Acceptances;
- The competition is open to registered brokers and attendees of the FIA Advice Summit 2019;
- Winner will be announced after Christelle’s presentation towards the end of the day;
- Handouts will be available on the day for delegates to understand the completion rules;
- Competition entries will close at 15.30 pm on the 10th of October 2019;
How will the prize winner be selected?
Elite Risk Acceptances will select one winner randomly from the participants that commented on the competition post on the Elite Risk Acceptances page, @elite_risk.
The prize is an Elite VIP experience for 2.
The prize includes:
- 2 x night stay at TheLAB Cape Town | Tarragona (including breakfast and spa treatments for 2 people);
- Lunch at La Colombe – 7 Course Spring Special Lunch Experience;
- Transport (Flight to Cape Town) as well as a rental vehicle for the weekend;
- Dinner voucher for 2 nights.
*Prize is valid until 30 November 2019. Winner must claim the prize before the 30th of November 2019.
*Accommodation subject to availability.
Terms and conditions:
- The promoter is Elite Risk Acceptances; whose place of business is in the Republic of South Africa (the “RSA”).
- The Competition is open to registered brokers and attendees of the FIA Advice Summit 2019, except employees of Elite Risk Acceptances, Old Mutual Insure group and their close relatives and anyone otherwise connected with the organisation or judging of the competition.
- There is no entry fee and no purchase necessary to enter this competition.
- The winner will win an Elite VIP Experience For Two.
- By entering this competition, an entrant is indicating his/her agreement to be bound by these terms and conditions.
- Route to entry for the competition and details of how to enter are on Twitter.
- Only one entry will be accepted per person. Multiple entries from the same person will be disqualified.
- Closing date for entry will be at 30 pm on the 10th of October 2019;
- No responsibility can be accepted for entries not received for whatever reason.
The legal terms:
- The promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the competition and these terms and conditions without notice in the event of a catastrophe, war, civil or military disturbance, act of God or any actual or anticipated breach of any applicable law or regulation or any other event outside of the promoter’s control. Any changes to the competition will be notified to entrants as soon as possible by the promoter.
- The promoter is not responsible for inaccurate prize details supplied to any entrant by any third party connected with this competition.
- The prize is as follows: Elite VIP Experience For Two.
- The Promoter will select winner randomly.
- Winner will be announced on the 10th October 2019 towards the end of the day after Christelle Colman’s presentation.
- The winner will be notified via Twitter. If the winner cannot be contacted or does not claim the prize within 24 hours of notification, Elite reserves the right to withdraw the prize from the winner and select a replacement winner.
- The promoter will notify the winner when and where the prize can be collected or will be sent to the winner within one week of the announcement.
- The promoter’s decision in respect of all matters to do with the competition will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The competition and these terms and conditions will be governed by South African law and any disputes will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of South Africa.
- The winner agrees to the use of his/her name and image in any publicity material, as well as their entry – comments, photos or videos. Any personal data relating to the winner or any other entrants will be used solely in accordance with current South African data protection legislation and will not be disclosed to a third party without the entrant’s prior consent.
- This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Twitter, Facebook or any other Social Media Network. You are providing your information to Elite Risk Acceptances and not to any other party.
- Prize cannot be sold or transferred.
- The prize cannot be exchanged for cash.
- No cash refunds will be issued.